Pages: [1]
  Print  
Autor Topic: RoI-balans pomiędzy agility a might i bug związany ze zmianą z Ardour na Fervor.  (Read 2450 times)
emssik
Wojownik Twierdzy
Mędrzec

« on: October 10, 2011, 06:29:04 AM »

Bez odpowiedniej ilości agility, na rajdach, będziemy mieli ponad 20% szansy na missa, to BARDZO dużo. Z własnych hardkorowych doświadczeń rajdowych w WoW, wiem, że żaden stat dla końcowej sumy zrobionych obrażeń nie ma takiego znaczenia jak właśnie szansa na trafienie.

I bolded the parts where you're handwaving (and by handwaving, I'm saying that you haven't yet proven what you set out to prove, and therefore haven't answered my question).

I think that's happening because you're making an assumption at the worst possible point: the point where you assume 4k offense is automatically better than 4% hit, and that hit has the same value for hunters as it does for champs (or anyone else).

In your example, the champ would drop from 12000 offense to 8000 offense. Using the % =Offence Rating / ((1190/3) * Enemy's Level + Offence Rating), (and if this has changed, please point me to the more accurate formula...i didn't see where anybody's proven a change in this calculation) that means the percentage of increase from offense against a level 75 mob dropped from 28.7% to 21.1%, a reduction of 7.6%.

7.6% is larger than 4%, but it's not a 1:1 DPS trade. To demonstrate, let's take three different series:

Series 1: Base damage (before offense) of 1000, and a base miss rate of 10%.

Over 100 attacks, the 1200 might champ will hit 90 times, for 1287 per hit, for 115830 total damage.
The 800 Might, 400 Agility champ will hit 94 times, for 1211 per hit, for a total of 113834 total damage.

The change to hit lost 1.7% total damage (not the 3.6% implied between hit and offense).

Series 2: Base damage before offense of 1500, base miss rate of 15%.

Over 100 attacks, the 1200 might champ will hit 85 times, for 1930.5 per hit, for a total of 164093 damage.
The 800 Might, 400 Agility champ will hit 89 times, for 1816.5 per hit, for a total of 161669 damage.

The change to hit lost 1.4% total damage (not the 3.6% implied between hit and offense).

Series 3: Base damage before offense of 1000, base miss rate of 5%.

Over 100 attacks, the 1200 might champ will hit 95 times for 1287 per hit, for a total of 122265 damage.
The 800 Might, 400 Agility champ will hit 99 times for 1211 per hit, for a total of 119889 damage.

The change to hit lost 1.9% total damage (not the 3.6% implied between hit and offense).

So, that's a loss of total damage (NOT DPS; that's a rate, not a total) of a variable amount, and not in a 1:1 ratio with the difference between hit and offense. Based on three made-up series, we can start to see that the relative value of hit and offense changes based on the total miss rate and the magnitude of the hits (important, because hunters and champs don't hit for the same magnitude and at the same rate).

Hold on a second, though....by adding all that agility, didn't the champ increase their crit? Why, yes, yes they did...by 800 rating. That 800 rating results in a 2.6% crit increase against a level 75 mob, and a .7% increase in Devastates. Does that actually result in a net INCREASE in DPS? Depends on the previous critical rating.

We're also not taking into account b/p/e and how much Finesse that champ had (and/or would have given up), and how many of those results that affects.

The overall point is, you're taking the first two steps in the process, seeing something that looks obvious, and handwaving the rest with "well, it's obvious". No, it isn't. DPS calculations have more variables than that. Hunters and champs hit for different amounts and at different rates, and there are several other variables (crit, devastate, b/p/e, etc) that play into the process.

In order to show that Might classes can't reasonably make a choice between offense and hit, you must have parses from those classes showing a net DPS loss every time they try to replace offense with Agility. Handwaved assumptions from an entirely different hunter calculation will not suffice.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?424913-Accuracy-from-passives-and-agility-removed-what-replaces-it/page4

Nie wiem czy wszyscy zaobserwowali, ale jest wyjątkowo drażniący bug, który nie pozwala w czasie walki przejść z Ardour do Fervour (znaczy się przejść można, ale trzeba najpierw użyć Fervour, odczekać animację, żeby się przekonać, że Fervour zniknął i trzeba go odpalić ponownie).

Zostało to oficjalnie uznane za bug i zgłoszone do naprawy:

Re: Switching from Ardour to Fervour in combat - bugged?
Yes, this is an issue and will be fixed before Update 5.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?&postid=5737146#post5737146
Pages: [1]
  Print