Pages: [1]
  Print  
Autor Topic: Ciekawostka nt. krasnoludów  (Read 3512 times)
Arduneth
Administrator
Super Bohater

« on: August 03, 2011, 05:18:08 AM »

taka mała ciekawostka nt. naszych małych opojów

According to The History of the Hobbit, Tolkien was now influenced by his own selective reading of medieval texts regarding the Jewish people and their history. The dwarves' characteristics of being dispossessed of their homeland (the Lonely Mountain, their ancestral home, is the goal the exiled Dwarves seek to reclaim), and living among other groups whilst retaining their own culture are all derived from the medieval image of Jews, whilst their warlike nature stems from accounts in the Hebrew Bible. Medieval views of Jews also saw them as having a propensity for making well-crafted and beautiful things, a trait shared with Norse dwarves.

The Dwarven calendar invented for The Hobbit reflects the Jewish calendar in beginning in late autumn.

When writing The Lord of the Rings Tolkien continued many of the themes he had set up in The Hobbit. When giving Dwarves their own language (Khuzdûl) Tolkien decided to create an analogue of a Semitic language influenced by Hebrew phonology. Like medieval Jewish groups, the Dwarves use their own language only amongst themselves, and adopted the languages of those they live amongst for the most part, for example taking public names from the cultures they lived within, whilst keeping their "true-names" and true language a secret. Along with a few words in Khuzdûl, Tolkien also developed Dwarven writing (Cirth) runes of his own invention. Tolkien further underlines the diaspora of the Dwarves with the lost stronghold of the Mines of Moria.

Tolkien also elaborated on Jewish influence on his Dwarves in a letter: "I do think of the 'Dwarves' like Jews: at once native and alien in their habitations, speaking the languages of the country, but with an accent due to their own private tongue..."

In the last interview before his death, Tolkien, after discussing the nature of Elves, briefly says of his Dwarves: "The dwarves of course are quite obviously, wouldn't you say that in many ways they remind you of the Jews? Their words are Semitic, obviously, constructed to be Semitic."

ciekawi mnie co na ten temat sądzą nasze kinowe krasnoludy :)
Bondur
Wojownik Twierdzy
Forum Addict

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 08:56:41 AM »

Tolkien wielkiej mądrości pisarzem był. Żydzi rządzą światem - Krasoludy rządzą Śródziemiem. Przecież to jasne ;)
Bedharoth
Lotro Officer
Mędrzec

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 09:23:16 AM »

Czas na kolejny mały pogromik... :)
Bondur
Wojownik Twierdzy
Forum Addict

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 09:34:49 AM »

zorganizujesz 'jak elfy śpiewają'? :P
Tarquill
Wojownik Twierdzy
Bohater

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 09:45:20 AM »

Jak dla mnie sie zgadza, madrze Mistrz Bondur prawi  ;)
Iago
Wojownik Twierdzy
Super Bohater

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 09:56:46 AM »

zorganizujesz 'jak elfy śpiewają'? :P

"...drzewkom"

Bedharoth
Lotro Officer
Mędrzec

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2011, 10:46:40 AM »

Bondziu, właśnie prowadzimy castingi do 15 edycji. Weź udział. Widziałem jak ćwiczysz w Lorien. Nawet Ż... ehm, Krasnoludy mogą brać udział w eliminacjach.  :P
Bondur
Wojownik Twierdzy
Forum Addict

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2011, 10:55:27 AM »

"pić to trzeba umić' nawet wywar z szyszek - inaczej za szybko się ściemnia i różne zwidy można zobaczyć :)

w Lorien pojawię się jak dodadzą quest na podpalenie całego lasu :)
emssik
Wojownik Twierdzy
Mędrzec

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2011, 11:16:24 AM »

To ja jeszcze poproszę subquest na "przeszkadzanie" w gaszeniu ;)
Huriel
GM Iron Lady ;-)
Administrator
Forum Addict

KoHaniutka

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2011, 11:40:40 AM »

"pić to trzeba umić' nawet wywar z szyszek - inaczej za szybko się ściemnia i różne zwidy można zobaczyć :)

Ta, jasne, a biżu i recki to w prezencie od Gmów dostaleś ;-)
Maet
Wojownik Twierdzy
Super Bohater

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2011, 11:45:07 AM »

Zapłacił za nie żelazem ;)
Bondur
Wojownik Twierdzy
Forum Addict

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2011, 12:10:40 PM »

A żebyś wiedziała - crafted by Hith czy jakoś tak :P

Devsi to ukryta opcja elfia :) Krasnolud musi zrobić minimalną liczbę questów albo ryzykuje nadzianiem. Ciekawe, że do Morii może wleźć byle szyszkojad ... A powienien na dzień dobry dostać lekcję dobrego wychowania i docięcie uszu do normalnego kształtu :)

Quote from: emssik
To ja jeszcze poproszę subquest na "przeszkadzanie" w gaszeniu ;)

Ciekawy pomysł na rasowe walki w Lotro :)
Pages: [1]
  Print